Zuora is pre-integrated with the Vantiv Account Updater Service. This is a premium service provided by Vantiv (Now Worldpay) at a cost and Vantiv (Now Worldpay) registered users can use it in Zuora without any additional fees for Visa and MasterCard.
In order to use the Vantiv Account Updater, you must both enroll in and use the Vantiv (Now Worldpay) payment processor. Note that this is different from the Automatic Account Updater service, where Vantiv (Now Worldpay) handles updates without Zuora involvement.
Zuora’s Vantiv Payment Method Updater service can update credit cards for the accounts that use any of the following gateway integrations as the default gateway in Zuora:
- Vantiv (Now Worldpay)
- Vantiv Payment Gateway, API v8.10
Set Up the Vantiv Account Updater
To set up the Vantiv Account Updater in Zuora:
- Navigate to Payments Settings > Setup Payment Method Updater.
- Select Vantiv as the Updater Type, then click add payment method updater.
- Enter your Credentials.
- Name: Create a name for your updater configuration (for example, Vantiv Updater or Vantiv 001234 Updater).
- Merchant ID: This is the merchant ID (MID) provided by Vantiv (Now Worldpay) for your Vantiv merchant account. Submit a request to Zuora Global Support to add the Merchant ID to your tenant.
Note that if you have more than one Vantiv merchant account, you should clarify with Vantiv which merchant account to use for the Account Updater service. Zuora recommends that you configure the updater service on one MID only, and run all cards against that service. If you configure the updater service for each MID, the same card might be updated multiple times, potentially resulting in additional transaction fees.
Select the Updater services,
Specify a value for Start Payment Method Updater service days prior to the Bill Cycle Day, if required. The default value is set to 10 days prior to the Bill Cycle Day, and the Vantiv Updater service will take about 5 days to process the credit card account information for updates. We recommended testing between 6 and 10 days.
- If the Only update payment methods for customer accounts associated to this gateway/processor option is selected, only the credit cards for customer accounts that meet either of the following conditions are included in the updates. Disable this field to send all credit card information to Vantiv (Now Worldpay).
- The default payment gateway of the customer account is set to Vantiv (Now Worldpay) (in the Billing and Payment Info section on the Customer Account page).
- The default payment gateway of the customer account is not configured, but the default payment gateway of the tenant is set to Vantiv (Now Worldpay).
- If the Only update the default payment method for AutoPay customer accounts setting is selected, only the default credit card payment methods for customer accounts with the AutoPay setting enabled are included in the updates. Clear this check box to submit data of all credit cards for all customer accounts, regardless of whether AutoPay is enabled for the customer account or not.
- Click save account information.
When you set up a PMU, Zuora will start an automated process that searches for every billing account (on the specified number of days prior to the bill cycle day), and will collect all applicable credit card information and send it to Vantiv (Now Worldpay) for processing. Zuora will also check for updates to the credit card information.
Submit and Retrieve PMU Batches
For more information about how to manually create PMU batches, resubmit batches, and retrieve batch results, see Use Payment Method Updater.
The size limit for Vantiv PMU is 5,000, which means up to 5,000 records can be included in a single batch. It is a fixed number and cannot be configured. When the record number exceeds 5,000, multiple batches will be automatically created.