This article is for Zuora customers who currently use the legacy Avalara Connector solution and want to migrate to the Avalara integration.
How to Migrate from the Avalara Connector
This feature is in Limited Availability. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
The Avalara Connector calculates tax rates in batches during bill runs and invoice item adjustments, however, this method has a number of limitations. Zuora customers who use the Connector are encouraged to migrate to the real-time Avalara integration.
Do the following to start using the Avalara integration:
- Log in to the Zuora and click your username at the top right and navigate to Administration > Manage User Role. Select Billing Role from the drop-down, and disable the Cancel Invoice permission.
- Connect Zuora to Avalara by following these steps Set up Connection to Avalara
- Create your tax codes in Zuora by following the steps in this guide: Configure Avalara Tax Codes in Zuora Billing. It is important that the value in the Avalara Tax Code field in Zuora Billing is identical to the one defined in Avalara. The Tax Code Name in Zuora can be the same as the one currently use with the connector, but this is not essential.
- Disable the Bill Run Completion email notification. You no longer need to be notified when a bill run completes in order to manually trigger Avalara batch calls, as these will be performed automatically.
- Click your username at the top right and navigate to Billing > Setup Profiles, Notifications and Email Templates.
- Locate Bill Run Completion | Completed Status and click Edit.
- Clear the Active and click Save.
Remove Avatax for Zuora Quotes for Salesforce
If you use Avalara to calculate taxes from Zuora Quotes, and have migrated to the Avalara Integration, you no longer need the Quote Sales Tax button to manually request taxes on your quote forms. The Avalara Integration has enhanced the subscribe() with preview call to request tax calculations from Avalara automatically. To remove the button from Zuora Quotes:
- Remove the Quote Sales Tax button from all of your layouts
- Remove the Zuora2AvaTax4SF package from your installed packages
Remove Quote Sales Tax button
To remove the Quote Sales Tax button from all your layouts:
- Log in to login.salesforce.com
- Click the Quotes tab in the top menu, then click Edit by the name of any quote to enter the quote detail view
- Click Edit Layout to enter the layout editor
- In the Quote Layout drop-down select a layout that contains the Quote Sales Tax button. If the layout contains the button it will be visible in the green Quote Sample section below.
- Click and drag the Quote Sales Tax button up and out of the Quote Sample section, and into the blue Quote Layout section.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for all other layouts that contain the Quote Sales Tax button.
Remove Zuora2AvaTax4SF package
You must remove the Quote Sales tax button from all your layouts before attempting to uninstall the Zuora2AvaTax4SF package from Zuora Quotes.
To uninstall the package:
- Log in to login.salesforce.com
- Click your username and select Set Up in the drop-down.
- On the left bar in the Application Setup section, click Installed Packages.
- Locate the
Zuora2AvaTax4SFpackage in the list, and click Uninstall.
- Check Yes and then click Uninstall
If the error unable to uninstall package is displayed, there is still a dependency on the Zuora2AvaTax4SF package. It is likely that the Quote Sales Tax button is still on one or more of your layouts.