Zuora Quotes enables a salesperson to generate customer-ready quote documents as Word or PDF files using quote template. When generating these presentation quotes, fields in the quote template are replaced with actual data on the organization, customer, product, and subscription. You can use this feature to produce a detailed, accurate, polished quote, formatted in your company's style, with a minimum of time and effort.
Your Salesforce user profile must have the following permissions and accesses to be able to generate a Quote file:
- The API Enabled system permission
- Read access to the Quote Charge Summary object
- Read access to the Quote Rate Plan object
- Read access to the Quote Rate Plan Charge object
See Set Permissions For Zuora for Salesforce Quotes Custom Objects for instructions on setting object permissions.
Generate a Quote PDF
You can generate the quote PDF file before or after sending the quote to Zuora.
To generate a quote file in the PDF format:
- On the Quote Detail page, click Generate PDF.
When you click Generate PDF, Zuora queries Salesforce and generates a PDF docuement based on the Salesforce data.
Use Salesforce profiles, page layouts, record types, and workflows to determine who can create a quote PDF and when they can create the PDF.
Generating a Quote Word Document
You can generate the quote file in the Microsoft Word format before or after sending the quote to Zuora.
To generate a quote file in the Word format:
- On the Quote Detail page, click Generate Word.
When you click Generate Word, Zuora queries Salesforce and generates a Word document based on the Salesforce data.
Use Salesforce profiles, page layouts, record types, and workflows to determine who can create a quote file and when they can create the file.
Attaching a Quote to an Opportunity
You can configure Zuora Quotes to automatically attach the generated quote document to the opportunity or to the quote. The quote document file is attached to:
- The opportunity if the quote is associated with an opportunity
- The quote itself if it is not associated with any opportunity
To configure Zuora Quotes to automatically attach the quote document to the opportunity or to the quote:
- Click the Zuora Config tab.
- Click Quote Configuration Settings.
- Click Edit Settings.
- Select Attach Quote PDF/DOC.
- Click Save.
Zuora Quotes uses the following naming convention for the quote document file. quote
Name denotes the name of the quote:
- It does not work that you click the Generate Word or Generate PDF button on the Quote Detail page of a high-volume Quote because it hits Apex Governor Limits to load the content of a high-volume Quote. Instead, you can use "Generate quotes document" REST API call to generate a Quote document for a high-volume Quote. The URL of the generated Quote document will be returned for a successful call. See Quotes Document for details.