You can configure workflow-specific settings in the Settings tab of a workflow.
Available settings include execution priority, triggers, notifications, call type, cleanup policy, security, and input parameters. If API callout is selected as a trigger, the API endpoint and token are also displayed in the Settings tab.
In the Workflow Information section, you can specify a group name for the workflow so that you can quickly filter the workflow on the home page later.
In the Execution Priority section, you can select the priority of this workflow relative to other workflows in the same Workflow instance.
Higher-priority workflows take precedence over lower-priority workflows. When a workflow of higher priority is initiated, it will be placed ahead of lower-priority workflows that are running. Depending on the available resources, lower-priority workflows may be paused until resources are released.
If you set all workflows to High, the execution sequence will not change as they are the same priority. Zuora recommends that you set high priority only for important workflows that need to be run without delay.
In the Workflow Triggers section, select the triggers for the workflow.
- On Demand - The workflow will run when manually initiated.
- Callout - The workflow will run upon an API callout. This option must be selected to integrate with the Configurable Payment Retry feature or the Collections Window feature in Collections.
- Scheduled - The workflow will run based on the configured schedule. If this option is selected, configure the running schedule in the Schedule Config section.
A scheduled workflow run will be skipped under the following circumstances:
- Another workflow run is in the Queued or Processing status.
- A pending task will run within three minutes. For example, if a delayed task from a previous run is scheduled to run in 2 minutes of the next scheduled time, the next workflow run will be skipped.
- The workflow is deactivated.
In the Workflow Email Notifications section, configure the events upon which you want to receive notifications and enter the email addresses for receiving notifications.
See Enable alert notifications for workflow failures for more information.
Call Type - Workflows run asynchronously by default. If you want to run a workflow and get results immediately, you can consider using the responsive mode. See Run a Workflow in Responsive Mode for details.
In the Cleanup Policy section, define the days that the workflow transaction report, attachments, and logs will be retained for. Only files of the completed workflows without pending, processing, or queued tasks will be deleted. See Use Data Query to report on Workflow for accessing workflow transaction logs and reports using Data Query.
- Encrypt Files - If this option is selected, all files in this workflow are stored with client-side encryption.
- Secure Error Messages - If this option is selected, the original messages of the unhandled errors are invisible for information security reasons. The error message will be shown as "Workflow will not report sensitive errors for unhandled exceptions."
API callout information
Note down the callout URL and API token displayed in the Callout Config section. If you intend to integrate Workflow with Configurable Payment Retry feature or the Collections Window feature of Zuora Collections, you need the URL and API token for system integration. See Set Up the Configurable Payment Retry Feature or Set Up the Collections Window Feature for more details.
In the Mapped Input Fields and Params section, define the mapping between data fields in callouts and corresponding data fields in the workflow. When a defined parameter is passed via callout, it will be recognized by the workflow. In the workflow, the passed-in parameter is referenced by in the format of Data.<Object>.<Field>.
For example, if you define the following pair of input and workflow fields.
|Callout Field Name||Object||Field Name||Datatype|
You can reference this parameter using this Liquid statement.
Click the add icon to add a new pair of data fields, and click Update to save the fields and parameters that you enter.
If you need a prompt to be always shown, for example, a required field has been set but the prompt needs to be shown while running the workflow manually, click the gear icon and then select Always Show Prompt.