To create a new meter based on a custom method, perform the following steps:
- Click Create Meter on the Meters home page.
- Enter a name for the meter and select Custom.
- Click Create, the Meter Stream window opens.
- The left panel displays a component library from which you can add the desired component to build the meter.
- Also you can add a component by clicking icon on the meter stream page.
- Design the flow of the meter, including adding, deleting, or cloning components, and connecting loose components. For more information, see Edit a custom meter.
- Configure the component parameters. For more information, see Meter components configuration.
Mediation components are building blocks of meters. A component receives data from the preceding component, performs actions predefined by the meter creator, and optionally triggers the following component. To configure and edit a meter component, see Meter components configuration.
The following meter components are available.
Edit a custom meter
You can edit a meter. You can still view the component details of a meter by clicking the meter. Meter opens in the Meter Stream window.
You can perform these actions to a custom meter:
- Select to start adding a component.
- Hover over a component, click the More icon and then click Edit to configure the parameters for the component.
- A new window will open for you to configure the settings for the component. The available settings are different from one type of component to another. To configure and edit a meter component, see Meter components configuration.
- Hover over a component, click the More icon and then click Delete to delete the component. When a component is deleted, the connecting arrows before and after the component are also deleted, thus creating loose components.
- Connect loose components by dragging the finishing point of a component and dropping to the starting point of another component.
- You can change the type of the source and target components only.