Zuora Collect does not have a fixed schedule for product releases. We publish release notes only when a release contains user-facing changes.
December 16, 2020 - Configurable Lockbox
We have optimized the user interface of the Configurable Lockbox feature. There are no functionality changes, but some operation flows and UI labels have been changed.
There are now four tabs:
- Dashboard: Displays the recent lockbox runs.
- Lockboxes: Manage existing lockboxes and add new lockboxes.
- Runs: View lockbox runs.
- Payments: View payment details in lockbox runs.
November 10, 2020 - Collections Window and Notes
We released several enhancements to Collections Window and Notes.
- You can delete an agent that is not assigned to any accounts.
Deleting an agent does not prohibit the agent from accessing Collections Window. It just removes the agent from the list for the current user. Any user can perform this operation.
- Bill-to and sold-to contact details for an account can now be edited in Collections Window. Any user can edit the contact details.
- You can now edit account-level custom fields for an account in Collections Window.
You need to enable the custom fields first in the Settings tab. Any user can edit account-level custom fields.
- The "Account Number" column has been added to the list of accounts in the Accounts tab and the list of invoices in the Invoices tab. You can now view the account number for every account or invoice record in the lists.
You can now change the active status of a user from active to deactivated or vice versa. When a user is deactivated, it cannot be mentioned in a note section, or assigned a follow-up task in Collections Window. Comments by the user, or follow-up tasks that were already assigned to the user are not affected. The name of a deactivated user is grayed out. A deactivated user is not removed from the list of users in Notes. You can determine whether a user is active or not by its value (True or False) in the Active column.
Whether a user is active or not has no impact on the collection agent.
For details, see Using the Notes feature.
October 28, 2020 - Advanced Payment Manager
We released an enhancement to the Advanced Payment Manager feature of Collect. With the enhancement, Advanced Payment Manager now accepts direct debit payments. Previously, direct debit payments were rejected in Advanced Payment Manager.
August 31, 2020 - APIs for Collections Window are available for use
We just released the APIs for the Collections Window feature. Collections Window APIs use basic authentication. The user name is the email address that you use for logging in Zuora. The password is the API token that is shown in the settings of Collections Window.
To learn about the available API operations, see the Collections Window section in the Collect API Reference.
August 14, 2020 - Notes APIs released
We have released APIs for the Notes feature. The Notes APIs use API-token for authentication. You need to use "API-Token" as the header key and the API token that is shown in the Setting tab of Notes as the value.
To learn about the available API operations, see the Notes section in the Collect API Reference.
August 6, 2020 - cookie management enhancements
We have improved the cookie management logic for Zuora environments to address the bad-request errors that customers may experience when accessing Marketplace, Collect, and Workflow in Zuora. Previously, customers need to clear their cookies manually to work around the issue. With the improved logic, the issue is now fixed.
For the fix to work, you need to manually clear the cookies for your tenant environment for the last time.
If you use Chrome, please take the steps below to clear the cookies for your Zuora environments.
- Open the Zuora tenant page.
- Start the Chrome DevTool by right-clicking anywhere and selecting Inspect.
- Navigate to Application > Clear storage.
- Ensure Cookies is selected, and click Clear site data.
If you use other browsers, take appropriate steps to remove cookies for *.zuora.com, or remove cookies for all websites.
July 31, 2020 - Disputes
We will stop provisioning new instances of the Disputes feature from August 1, 2020. We will work with existing customers to transition to a new solution, and plan to remove access to Disputes for all existing customers by October 1, 2020.
April 21, 2020 - Advanced Payment Manager
We have optimized the user interface of the Advanced Payment Manager feature. There are no functionality changes, but some operation flows and UI labels have been changed.
The new UI consists of four tabs.
Payment Runs: This is the default tab when you start the Advanced Payment Manager. It displays payment runs that are ongoing or have completed in Advanced Payment Manager. In this tab, you can view the details of a payment run, or start a one-off payment run.
Schedules: Displays payment run schedules that are have been defined. You can view or edit the schedules, or create a new payment run schedule.
Metrics: The available metrics include the number of payment runs that are running or have been completed, the number of payments that are being processed or have been processed, and the number of active schedules.
Settings: In this tab, you can configure the following settings:
- General settings, including the time zone, retry rules, and payment methods.
- Settings that are related to payment rules and document processing.
- Settings for callouts that are triggered after payment runs.
March 24, 2020 - Collections Window and Notes
We have released two Early Adopter features in Collections Window and Notes. Features that are in the Early Adopter program are available to existing customers for final verifications before they are made generally available.
- In Collections Window, you can now create a follow-up task to track the collection of a particular payment or account. Follow-up collection tasks are not tied to workflows.
For details, see Create a follow-up task.
- In Notes, you can now create a user group for easier communication. By typing @ and then the group name, you can mention a group by the group name in a note in Collections Window. After a group is mentioned in a note, all users in the group will receive an email about the message, as well as a notification in Collections Window.
For details, see Manage user groups.