CardConnect provides businesses an outsourced payment solution, which enables merchants to accept payments from anywhere in the world.
Supported Payment Types
CardConnect supports the following payment types:
- Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, JCB and Diners
- Credit Cards Tokens (via Credit Card Reference Transactions): Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- Debit Cards: Visa and Mastercard
Supported Payment Operations
CardConnect supports the following payment operations:
- Authorize or verify a payment method
- Create a payment
- Void a payment
- Refund a payment (referenced refund)
- Refund credit balance (non-referenced refund)
- Before you can configure CardConnect in Zuora, enable your CardConnect merchant account. Only the FTS version of the CardConnect gateway is supported.
- Enable refunds without reference in CardConnect at the Merchant Id level.
Configure the CardConnect Gateway
- Navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select CardConnect from the Gateway Type drop-down menu.
- Click create gateway.
- Complete the required fields.
- Click save gateway information.
Common Configuration Fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. Zuora recommends reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount
The default can be zero or higher.
- Verify new payment method (required)
- Verify updated payment method (optional)
CardConnect restricts one currency per Merchant ID.
Additional Configuration Fields
The following fields are specific to the CardConnect gateway integration:
CardConnect's support for multiple Merchant IDs is an Early Adopter feature. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing it as generally available.
- Merchant Id, Username, and Password: For the CardConnect gateway, these fields are API authentication credentials. The values for these fields must be obtained from CardConnect.
- Enable Custom Merchant ID: Select this checkbox if you want to use the Merchant ID specified in the Merchant Id Custom Field setting.
- Merchant Id Custom Field: Enter the API name (without
__c) of the Merchant ID custom field that was set up on the Account object. The Merchant ID custom field type must be text. After you specify a value for this field, the Merchant ID custom field with the specified value will be used for all CardConnect API requests.
Credit Card Reference Transactions
This feature is in the Early Adopter phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing it as generally available.
Zuora supports CardConnect tokens for Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Tokens are used for credit card reference transactions in Zuora. A reference transaction is simply a representation of a credit card payment method without having sensitive payment method information like the credit card number stored in Zuora. Please note that the token cannot be used with another gateway, which is why we recommend storing credit card information in Zuora whenever possible.
Supported Gateway Option Fields
You can submit additional information to the CardConnect gateway using gateway options. Currently, CardConnect supports the following gateway option fields:
Testing Your Configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway by using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test card information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. See Testing Your Integration in CardConnect Developer Center for details.
Note: In CardConnect UAT environment, a payment amount in the $1000-$1999 range will trigger amount-driven response code testing to return a specific response code. If you do not intend to test specific response codes, to avoid failed payments, use a payment amount that is not in this range. See Testing with Amount-Driven Response Codes in CardConnect Developer Center for details.