CardConnect provides businesses an outsourced payment solution, which enables merchants to accept payments from anywhere in the world.
Supported Payment Types
CardConnect supports the following payment types:
- Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, JCB and Diners
- Credit Cards Tokens (via Credit Card Reference Transactions): Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- Debit Cards: Visa and Mastercard
Supported Payment Operations
CardConnect supports the following payment operations:
- Authorize or verify a payment method
- Create a payment
- Void a payment
- Refund a payment (referenced refund)
- Refund credit balance (non-referenced refund)
- Before you can configure CardConnect in Zuora, enable your CardConnect merchant account. Only the FTS version of the CardConnect gateway is supported.
- Enable refunds without reference in CardConnect at the Merchant Id level.
Configure the CardConnect Gateway
- Navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select CardConnect from the Gateway Type drop-down menu.
- Click create gateway.
- Complete the required fields.
- Click save gateway information.
Common Configuration Fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. Zuora recommends reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount
The default can be zero or higher.
- Verify new payment method (required)
- Verify updated payment method (optional)
CardConnect restricts one currency per Merchant ID.
Additional Configuration Fields
The following fields are specific to the CardConnect gateway integration:
- Merchant Id, Username, and Password: For the CardConnect gateway, these fields are API authentication credentials. The values for these fields must be obtained from CardConnect.
- Enable Custom Merchant ID: Select this checkbox if you want to use the Merchant ID specified in the Merchant Id Custom Field setting.
- Merchant Id Custom Field: Enter the API name (without
__c) of the Merchant ID custom field that was set up on the Account object. The Merchant ID custom field type must be text. After you specify a value for this field, the Merchant ID custom field with the specified value will be used for all CardConnect API requests.
Credit Card Reference Transactions
Zuora supports CardConnect tokens for Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Tokens are used for credit card reference transactions in Zuora. A reference transaction is simply a representation of a credit card payment method without having sensitive payment method information like the credit card number stored in Zuora. Please note that the token cannot be used with another gateway, which is why we recommend storing credit card information in Zuora whenever possible.
See the following topics for more information about setting up credit card reference transactions in Zuora.
The following SOAP API call can be used to create a payment method that represents a CardConnect-stored credit card.
<ns1:create> <ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:PaymentMethod"> <ns2:AccountId></ns2:AccountId> <ns2:SecondTokenId></ns2:SecondTokenId> <ns2:TokenId></ns2:TokenId> <ns2:Type>CreditCardReferenceTransaction</ns2:Type> <ns2:CreditCardExpirationMonth></ns2CreditCardExpirationMonth> <ns2:CreditCardExpirationYear></ns2CreditCardExpirationYear> </ns1:zObjects> </ns1:create>