PayPal has introduced a unified platform called PayPal Commerce to replace their multitude of partner integration platforms including Adaptive Payments, Payflow Pro, and Express Checkout. Zuora partners with PayPal Commerce platform to provide a gateway integration called PayPal Commerce Platform. The PayPal Commerce Platform gateway integration offers a consolidated integration with PayPal.
This feature is in the Early Adopter phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters. If you want to join this early adopter program, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Supported payment operations
The following payment operations are available through the PayPal Commerce Platform gateway integration:
- Referenced refund
Supported payment methods
The PayPal Commerce Platform gateway integration supports PayPal E-Wallet payment methods.
You can create PayPal Wallet payment methods through the Zuora UI and REST APIs. Payment Pages 2.0 are not supported for creating PayPal E-Wallet for now.
The Delayed Capture feature allows you to authorize the availability of funds for a transaction but delay the capture of funds until a later time. Zuora’s PayPal Commerce Platform integration supports Delayed Capture for PayPal payment methods through the use of the following API operations:
Zuora also supports capturing authorizations that were generated externally by using Zuora's Create authorization API operation.
Create and configure a PayPal Commerce Platform gateway instance in Zuora
Before processing payments with Zuora, you must onboard with PayPal’s new Commerce platform to establish a merchant account. The ID associated with that merchant account is required to transact through Zuora.
Follow these steps to create and configure a PayPal Commerce Platform gateway instance in Zuora:
- Navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select PayPal Commerce Platform from the Gateway Type drop-down menu.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields, and then click Save Gateway Information. For details about the fields, see Configuration fields in the following section.
There are some common fields you must configure for every gateway instance. Review Setting Up Payment Gateways for information about the following common configuration fields and complete your configuration:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
In addition to the common fields, the following fields are specific to the configuration of the PayPal Commerce Platform integration:
- Merchant ID: The merchant ID associated with your PayPal Commerce merchant account.
- Verify new PayPal Commerce payment method: If this option is selected, the payment method is validated with the gateway when the payment method record is created in Zuora. This option is enabled by default to avoid storing invalid payment methods in Zuora.
- Migration of existing payment methods on the following PayPal integrations to the PayPal Commerce integration is not supported:
- PayPal Express Checkout Gateway
- PayPal Payflow Payment Gateway
- PayPal Payflow Pro, Website Payments Payflow Edition, Website Pro Payment Gateway
- PayPal Adaptive Payments Gateway
- L2/3 Card Processing is not supported by the PayPal Commerce gateway.
Testing Your Configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real PayPal wallet. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
To perform your test, create an account in PayPal Sandbox and then generate test card data in your PayPal Sandbox account by using the Credit card generator. For more information about managing your Billing Agreement IDs (BAIDs), see PayPal Developer documentation.