SlimPay provides a direct debit payments API ideal for organizations of all-size operating payments for subscriptions or pay-as-you-go businesses.
Supported Payment Methods
- Credit Card Reference (Tokenization)
- EUR (SEPA)
- GBP (Direct Debit UK)
Supported Payment Operations
- Validate Payment Method
- Void Payment
- Refund (tagged refund)
Support for Delayed Capture
The Delayed Capture feature allows you to authorize the availability of funds for a transaction but delay the capture of funds until a later time. Zuora's SlimPay gateway supports Delayed Capture for Credit Card Reference payment methods, which involves the use of the following API operations:
Note: Zuora also supports capturing authorizations that were generated externally to call the Zuora's Create authorization API operation.
Supported Gateway Reconciliation Event Types:
The SlimPay gateway supports the following Gateway Reconciliation event types:
Configure the SlimPay Gateway
You will need to obtain the following information from SlimPay before configuring the SlimPay payment gateway in Zuora:
- App ID: This ID is the username to access SlimPay's APIs.
- App Secret: The password for the App ID.
- Creditor Reference: This is the unique identifier of a merchant/partner within SlimPay's application.
- Label: The soft descriptors that will be added to the Payment call to the gateway.
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Default Authorization Amount, Verify new payment method, and Verify updated payment method can be ignored for SlimPay
- Enable Reconciliation: Triggers a daily job to reconcile all payment events processed through the gateway.
In addition to the common fields, you must provide the required information to configure the SlimPay gateway in Zuora.
- App ID
- App Secret
- Creditor Reference
- Label: Enter the necessary soft descriptors. This field is only accessible through the gateway configuration page.
Once you have entered the necessary information, click save gateway information.
Credit Card Reference Transactions
Zuora supports SlimPay tokens. Tokens are used for credit card reference transactions in Zuora. A reference transaction is simply a representation of a credit card payment method without having sensitive payment method information like the credit card number stored in Zuora. Please note that the token cannot be used with another gateway, which is why we recommend storing credit card information in Zuora whenever possible.
This feature is in Limited Availability. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Zuora’s SlimPay integration supports Card Aliases via the Credit Card Reference Transaction payment method. This feature allows you to leverage the SlimPay’s card-alias API to create credit card payments against subscriptions.
The following table shows the API mapping between Zuora and SlimPay.
|Zuora REST API or SOAP API||SlimPay API|
When creating a payment method from the Zuora UI, REST API, or SOAP API, you need to populate the token generated from SlimPay only in the TokenId field on the payment method. Zuora automatically populates the value for the SecondTokenId field according to the value of the Slimpay API Card-Alias: reference field.
- SlimPay supports gateway reconciliation failed payment events, and payment reversals
- Gateway Reconciliation job status can be viewed beginning at 02:00 UTC.
- Any direct debit payment that does not have any direct debit issue associated and has been executed on its execution date, the payment is considered settled. The system will mark these transactions as settled and any rejected payments as rejected and create external refunds for them.
See Gateway Reconciliation for more information.