The Invoice Settlement feature is generally available as of Zuora Billing Release 296 (March 2021). This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memos, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, see Invoice Settlement Enablement and Checklist Guide for more information. After Invoice Settlement is enabled, the Invoice Item Adjustment feature will be deprecated for your tenant.
You can transfer the unapplied payments in the following scenarios. If an unapplied payment is created without specifying a customer account, it is an unassigned payment.
- When you know what account the payment belongs to, you can transfer the unassigned payment to the customer account.
- If the unapplied payment is assigned to an incorrect account, you can transfer the payment to the correct customer account.
- If you do not know what account the payment belongs to, you can transfer the payment to an unassigned payment.
You can transfer the payments only if you have appropriate user permission. See Payments Roles for more information.
- Only full unapplied payments can be transferred to a customer account.
- Electronic payments cannot be transferred.
To transfer an unapplied payment through the Zuora REST API, see Transfer Payment in the API reference.
To transfer an unapplied payment through the Zuora UI, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Payments > Payments in the left-hand navigation section.
- Click the payment you want to transfer.
- Click More > Transfer Payment from the payment detail page. The Search Customer Account dialog is displayed.
- Search and select the customer account you want to transfer the payment to.
- Click transfer.
- Click ok.