You can use the Custom Payment Method Types API operations to configure and manage your custom payment method types in a self-service manner. You can define the fields and validation rules of your custom payment method type. Ensure that you do not design any field to contain sensitive information. UPC and OPM services are designed for tokenized payment methods, which do not expect to contain sensitive data. Up to 20 custom payment method types are supported for one tenant.
You can only use the bearer token to access the Custom Payment Method Types API operations. Access with
apiSecretAccessKey is not supported.
Configure a custom payment method type
- Create a draft version of your custom payment method type by using the Create a draft custom payment method type API operation. Revision number 1 is assigned to this version.
- If you need to update the latest draft version of your custom payment method type, use the Update a custom payment method type API operation. Note that in the request body, you need to provide all the fields that define this custom payment method type including fields to be updated and the unchanged fields.
- When your latest draft revision is ready for publishing, publish the latest draft revision of your custom payment method type by using the Publish a custom payment method type API operation.
After a revision is published, you can still update your custom payment method type. When you update a published revision for the first time, the revision number is increased by 1. You need to publish your latest revision again before your updated custom payment method type goes live.
When creating or updating your custom payment method type, do not define your fields with the following fields that are reserved by Zuora:
- AchCity, AccountId, accountKey, accountNumber
- BAID, bankIdentificationNumber
- cardHolderInfo, createdBy, createdDate
- id, IPAddress, IsCompany, isDefault
- lastFailedSaleTransactionDate, lastTransaction, lastTransactionDateTime, lastTransactionStatus
- maxConsecutivePaymentFailures, MethodReferenceId, MethodSpecificData, mitConsentAgreementRef, mitConsentAgreementSrc, mitNetworkTransactionId, mitProfileAction, mitProfileAgreedOn, mitProfileType
- status, SubType, success
- TokenId, totalNumberOfErrorPayments, totalNumberOfProcessedPayments, type
- updatedBy, updatedDate, useDefaultRetryRule, UserReferenceId
Retrieve data of your custom payment method type
You can use the following API operations for your needs:
- Retrieve a specific draft revision of a custom payment method type
- Retrieve a published custom payment method type
- Retrieve a payment gateway transaction log for retrieving transaction information passed through your custom payment gateway
What to do next
After you publish your custom payment method type, you need to refresh and synchronize the custom payment method type settings through the Zuora UI. See Refresh and synchronize the custom payment method type settings for details.