Data Loader brings out the following performance enhancements to the Billing platform.
Consistent and improved performance
Billing offers ten distinct methods (UI and API) to manage data in bulk. But the legacy experiences were rate-limited, requiring user knowledge on configuring batch size and threads to optimize performance and throughput.
Data Loader dynamically scales out through native internal infrastructure resulting in consistently higher performance.
Accurate, minimized manual effort, and faster resolution
Data Loader incorporates the ability to auto-map the fields between the source file and target fields in the tenant. This association reduces the failed migrations while the user performs an import, update, and delete action.
The validation interface will allow the users to identify exceptions at a row level and modify the data before it is ingested into the tenant. Users can create an incremental import job by resolving the failed records and resubmitting the job instantly through the list view interface of Data Loader.
- Zuora’s Data Migration Consultants
- Alliances Data Migration Consultants
- Customer business operations:
- IT Analyst / Admin
- Developer / Integration Admin
- Zuora product owners, presales, sales (loading data for demo)
- Zuora Sales Engineers (loading test data for demo)
Data Loader benefits
- Specifically designed infrastructure for mass data ingest
- Single navigational entry point available to manage all data imports
- Data Management UI to ingest/import CSV files
- Process queue is enabled to monitor/kill the process as needed
- Data/process validations
- Field mapping facility between the source and target
- Errors presented and back in a Review Errors UI (kept 30 days)
- Users can fix errors inline and can resubmit
- Audit Trail built in at the core level
- Receive notifications/alerts for process completion
- Granular level permission method to support persona-driven upload, correct, and accept operations
Current Release Scope
Currently, Data Loader is available in this release, as the first version of MVP has been released. It supports the following actions and objects:
- Abort and cancel a job
- Create import and delete job
- Upload CSV files
- Delete records
- View job details
- Download processed records
- Handle failed records
- Field mapping
- Supported objects:
- Accounts and Contacts
- Standalone Invoices
- Accounting Period
- Payment Schedule
- Accounting Code
- Units of Measure
- Highlight exceptions based on tenant configurations
- Select delimiters as per the data format supported in CSV
- Support update action on objects
- Continuous incremental releases for Billing objects
- Revert an import job
See Data Loader known behavior for more information.