When chargebacks occur, you may want to write off the invoices and cancel the associated subscriptions. You can use Workflow to automate the process.
Payments > "Chargebacks -> Write Off Invoices + Cancel Subscription"
This workflow consists of six tasks:
- Export: Exports invoices that have chargebacks and positive balances from the Refund Invoice Payment object.
- Iterate: Iterates unique invoices.
- WriteOff: Writes off the invoices. This task outputs Invoice Item data and appends the data to the workflow payload.
- Query: Retrieves the associated subscriptions that are still active.
- Iterate: Iterates unique subscriptions.
- Cancel: Cancels the subscriptions.
- If you want the workflow to regularly write off invoices and cancel subscriptions for chargebacks, configure a schedule for the workflow in the settings.
- If you want to add a notification task (Email or SMS) at the end of the workflow, you need to select necessary BillToContact fields in the Fields tab of the export task.
- For the second iterate task, ensure that the following settings are used. If any of the settings cannot be configured, remove the iterate task and create a new iterate task.
- Object: Subscription
- Iteration Type: Unique-Field
- Selected Field: Id
- You can modify specific settings in the write-off and cancel tasks.
You may want to add a notification task (Email or SMS) at the end of the workflow to notify accounts of the changes.