With the Standalone Orders feature, you can create and manage subscriptions and one-time orders using external product catalogs. The Standalone Orders feature enables rapid integration and order capture from upstream systems, such as configure, price, quote (CPQ) software, and deal desk tools, as well as reduces the complexity and cost of maintaining a copy of the product catalog in Zuora.
The Standalone Orders feature is in the Early Adopter phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing it as generally available. If you want to join this early adopter program, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
The Standalone Order feature is available through the Orders API operations. Currently, the Orders UI does not support standalone orders.
See the following for common use cases for standalone orders:
The Standalone Orders feature has the following limitations:
- The Standalone Orders feature is currently available only through API. Zuora will introduce a UI in future releases.
- Integration with Zuora Revenue is currently not supported. Zuora will introduce it in future releases.
- If you are still using the Order ELP metric, a deprecated Order metric, you cannot make the Preview an order call and preview billing for a standalone order.
- The Standalone Orders feature currently only supports the Flat Fee, Per Unit, Volume, Discount-Fixed Amount, and Discount-Percentage charge models for the recurring charge type. The Standalone Orders feature currently only supports the Flat Fee, Per Unit, and Volume charge models for the one-time charge type.
- When creating a discount charge using a standalone order, the discount must be applied to a valid product rate plan charge that has already existed. Applying a discount to a charge created in the same standalone order is currently not supported.