The Connect Tax Engines feature is in Limited Availability. If you wish to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Zuora provides Connect tax engines for integration with a third-party tax engine through tax connector apps.
- Avalara AvaTax for Sales
- Avalara AvaTax for Communications
- CCH SureTax Connector
- OneSource Determination (Sabrix) Tax Connector
- Taxamo Tax Connector
- Vertex Tax Connector
- Sovos Tax Connector
See Configurable Tax app for information about purchasing and installing tax apps for your organization.
Set Up Connect Tax Engines
You can set up a Connect tax engine to integrate with a third-party tax engine for tax automation via Zuora's tax connector apps.
To set up Connect tax engines:
- Click your username at the top right and navigate to Billing > Billing Settings.
- Click Setup External Tax Engine.
- Select Connect Tax Engine from the list, and click setup new tax engine.
- In the Basic Information area on the Setup Tax Engine page, specify the basic information for the new tax engine:
- In the Name field, specify a name for the new Connect tax engine.
- In the Connect Url field, specify the URL of Zuora's corresponding tax connector app to connect to.
- In the Connect Token field, specify the token to connect to Zuora's corresponding tax connector app.
- Click test connection to verify that you can successfully connect to Zuora's corresponding tax connector app.
- In the Custom Fields sent to Open Tax Connector area, select the custom fields that you want to send to Zuora's corresponding tax connector app to help tax calculation.
- Click save to save the configurations.
Currently, you can use at most 40 company codes for integration with a third-party tax engine through a configurable Tax app.
A single tax calculation request sent to a tax app can have a maximum of 1,000 taxable items. The request will fail and an error message will be returned in the following example scenarios:
- You want to post an invoice that contains more than 1,000 invoice items.
- You want to create an order to add a product with 20 monthly charge segments for two years, and a total of 2,400 items will be contained in the tax calculation request.
This is a Zuora-defined limitation to ensure a stable integration across different tax vendors. If you have confirmed with your vendor that a higher number of taxable items can be processed in a timely manner (within 90 seconds), submit a request at Zuora Global Support and ask to test a higher limit.