Guidance for Insights Administrators
As an Insights administrator, you can tailor Insights to the needs of your organization by controlling access to Insights, customizing the Insights user interface, and managing integrations with external systems. This article provides an overview of the main administrator features available in Insights settings.
To access Insights settings, click your name at the top right and navigate to Settings.
Manage Insights Team Members
Depending on how Insights is configured, access to Insights is controlled through either your Zuora tenant or the Insights identity provider service. To determine how access to Insights is controlled, look for a Team Members area in Insights settings:
- If Insights settings includes a Team Members area, Insights is configured to use the Insights identity provider service. You can use the Team Members area to create Insights team members and assign roles.
- If Insights settings does not include a Team Members area, you can manage access to Insights by setting roles and permissions in your Zuora tenant. To manage access to Insights through your Zuora tenant, you must be assigned the Zuora Platform Administrator role.
Customize Account and User Fields
Each account and user field in Insights has a user-friendly label that is displayed throughout the Insights user interface. You can customize these field labels using the Manage Account Attributes & Metrics and Manage User Attributes & Metrics Areas in Insights settings. You can also:
- Provide pop-up descriptions for fields
- Modify the display format of field values
- Archive fields that are not required by your organization's team members
By default, the name that Insights displays for an account is the value of the account's Zuora Account Name field. You can set a different field to be used for account names. If you want Insights to display names for users, you can set a field to be used for user names.
Insights supports custom avatars for accounts and users. If you have a collection of avatars that you would like Insights to display, you can set up a field to point to your account avatars and set up a field to point to your account avatars. Your collection of avatars could include company logos, industry symbols, persona images, health status indicators, and so on.
Synchronize Segments and Fields to Salesforce
As part of your Insights installation, Zuora may have set up a Salesforce connector to receive data about the accounts in your Salesforce organization. If your installation of Insights includes a Salesforce connector, you can set up the connector to synchronize the following data from Insights to Salesforce:
Customize Account Profile Pages
You can use the account profile layout editor to create custom layouts for account profile pages. Creating a custom layout enables you to choose which attributes and metrics are included on account profile pages. You can also specify how the attributes and metrics are arranged on account profile pages, and which attributes and metrics to display as headline values and graphs.
Some of your organization's teams or team members may like to see different types of account information on account profile pages. You can meet the needs of individual teams or team members by creating several custom layouts. Each team member can then select the layout that they find most useful.
Zuora recommends that you consider creating the following types of custom layout:
- Layouts for teams. For each of your organization's team, you could create a layout that displays only the attributes and metrics that are relevant to the team. This would enable each team to focus on a different aspect of your customer profiles.
- Layouts for team members. You could create layouts that display account information in the way that individual team members are familiar with.
- Layouts for workflows. You could create layouts to facilitate particular workflows, such as preparing for a customer call or visit, investigating a support case, or collecting payment from customers.
- Layouts for presentations. You could create layouts that display key account attributes and metrics in an arrangement that is suitable for on-screen presentation.