Configuring the E-Invoicing feature includes common configurations and country-specific configurations.
In general, common configurations include the following items:
- Create an e-invoicing service provider to manage authentication keys.
- Set up an e-invoicing business region to store seller-specific business information and link the business region to the service provider.
- Configure the buyer's business and address information, including account e-invoicing profiles and bill-to contacts.
- Define e-invoice file templates that specify how Zuora data maps to the service provider's requirements.
To integrate with third-party e-invoicing service providers, you must configure the E-Invoicing feature in Zuora.
The steps specific to each country can vary due to the unique e-invoicing regulations and requirements of that country or region. These variations might include configurations on the service provider side, defining field mappings, and understanding the e-invoicing outcomes. For more detailed information on country-specific configurations, see Manage country-specific configurations in Sovos.
The billing documents are submitted to the service provider automatically when they are posted and meet the following conditions:
- The bill-to persons (bill-to Contact associated with the billing documents) have India as the country.
- The customer accounts that the billing documents belong to have the e-invoicing profile enabled.