If a customer cancels their subscription and is no longer billed for services, the customer account can be canceled. A customer account can be set to
cancelled status only after all subscriptions have been canceled. A customer account that has been canceled can be re-activated if needed.
Cancel a customer account
Before you can cancel a customer account, you must cancel all subscriptions associated with that account (you must cancel active and draft subscriptions). When a customer account is canceled, Zuora will not perform any transactions on that account:
- Zuora will not generate invoices for canceled accounts
- You cannot apply payments for canceled accounts
To cancel a customer account, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Customers > Customer Accounts in the left-hand navigation.
- Locate the customer account that you want to cancel.
- Click the name of the customer account to open the account detail page.
- Click the three vertical dots icon to show more applicable actions, then click Cancel Customer Account.
- Click OK to confirm the action.
If you later want to reactivate the account, click Reactivate Customer Account on the account detail page.
Delete a Customer Account
- Navigate to Customers > Customer Accounts in the left-hand navigation to view the existing accounts.
- Locate the target account and click the Delete icon on the right side of the row.
- Click Delete to confirm the action.
Deleting an account deletes all account information, including subscriptions, invoices, payments, and adjustments.
Notes and limitations
- For account deletion, the system will start a backend job to remove all transactions under the accounts and change the status of the accounts to Canceled. This backend job is asynchronous and will take some time, depending on the job size.
- An account cannot be deleted when both of the following conditions are met:
- The account is either the invoice owner of a subscription or the subscription owner.
- The subscription's invoice owner and subscription owner are two different accounts.
An exception to this limitation above is if the Enable force deletion for Account? setting is set to Yes, you can force delete an account that is the subscription owner of a subscription while the invoice owner is a different account. Force deleting this account deletes all its subscriptions, but the relevant invoices will not be impacted.
- An account cannot be deleted if this account has been involved in an Owner Transfer amendment, either as the current owner or as the previous owner.