The Invoice Settlement feature is in Limited Availability. This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memo, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
When using the Invoice Settlement feature, you have to bear its known issues in mind.
Limitations in Invoice Settlement
The Invoice Settlement feature has certain known limitations.
- Each action and each SOAP or CRUD operation does not support the Invoice Settlement feature. Actions include Amend, Create, Delete, Execute, Generate, Query, QueryMore, Subscribe, and Update. The Actions deprecation is specific to the objects related to the Invoice Settlement, for example, credit memos, debit memos, payments, and refunds.
- If you have the Invoice Settlement feature enabled, the Credit Balance feature is deprecated and only available for backward compatibility.
- For the tenants with the Invoice Settlement feature and Invoice Splitting feature enabled, reversing split invoices is not supported yet.
- For the tenants with the Invoice Settlement feature enabled, the Prepaid Drawdown app is not supported yet.
- For the tenants with the Invoice Settlement feature enabled, the Adjustment Sync setting of Zuora Netsuite Connector is not applicable.
Invoice Settlement API Impacts
After the Invoice Settlement feature is enabled, certain Actions and API operations are deprecated. Instead, you can use the alternative REST API operations specific to the Invoice Settlement feature to perform the corresponding transactions.
|Deprecated APIs||Alternative Invoice Settlement APIs|
Limitations in Unapplied Payments
The following known limitations are specific to Unapplied Payments.
- When creating a payment, the total number of invoices and debit memos that the payment will apply to must be less than or equal to 1,000.
- When applying a payment, the total number of invoices and debit memos that the payment will apply to must be less than or equal to 1,000.
Limitations in Credit and Debit Memos
The following known limitations are specific to Credit and Debit Memos.
- If the Exclusive Tax No Rounding feature is enabled, credit memos and debit memos might fail to be posted or applied due to the default decimal precision of currencies. Zuora recommends that you have this feature disabled if you have the Invoice Settlement feature enabled.
- When applying a credit memo, the total number of invoices and debit memos that the credit memo will apply to must be less than or equal to 1,000.
- When unapplying a credit memo, the total number of invoices and debit memos that the credit memo will be unapplied from must be less than or equal to 1,000.
- Credit memos are not generated and the billing run fails in scenarios where all the following conditions are met:
- The RBE optimization for large accounts permission in Limited Availability is enabled.
- The Rollover of the Overage Smoothing charge model is used in a usage charge, and this charge is to be included in a credit memo.
- The generation rule “Create credit memos for net negative invoice totals without grouping charges” is configured as the billing rule.
- The total amount of all the charges that are included in the bill run is negative.