Revenue Workbench is an interface that allows you to manage undistributed revenue on subscription charges, and track the progress of the revenue schedule creation. This article describes the features of Revenue Workbench.
On the Revenue Workbench landing page, you can also view the status of the following:
- Total revenue schedules in progress
- Pending revenue schedules
- Processing revenue schedules
You cannot apply Change Status to Pending Close or Close this Accounting Period actions on an accounting period with a pending revenue schedule. If the problem persists even after you address the pending revenue schedule, submit a request at Zuora Global Support for assistance.
The Revenue Distribution tab in Revenue Workbench helps you manage and keep track of undistributed revenue on subscription charges.
Key features include:
- Filters: Filter charges by revenue recognition rule used, customer account, or by reminder date.
- Reminders: Set a date to remind yourself to perform revenue distribution-related work.
- Links to related revenue or charge information: Access to revenue information so that you can take action with minimal navigation, such as viewing charges, revenue schedules, invoices, or customer account information.
Navigate to Finance > Revenue Workbench > Revenue Distribution.
When Does a Line Item Appear in the Workbench?
A line item is a row in the Revenue Workbench. One row represents revenue information for one subscription charge. A line item appears in the Revenue Workbench if at least one of following conditions are met:
- Undistributed, non-zero revenue amount on the subscription charge.
- Revenue schedule is not created (for subscription charges using custom revenue rules only).
- The reminder date is on or before the selected reminder date filter.
Filter line items and work on similar tasks at the same time. You can filter line items using any of the following options:
- Revenue Rule: Filter by rule to work on all rule-related charges. For example, filtering on the Billing - Manual recognition rule displays charges that require manual distribution of revenue.
- Customer Account: Filter by a customer account to work on charges related to a specific customer.
- Reminder Date: Filter by reminder date shows all charges with a reminder date on or before the selected date. When using this filter, charges with no reminder dates are always displayed.
Use the reminder date to work through charges that are time-based, such as an accounting period that closes at the end of the month.
- Set a reminder date only if the revenue schedule is created.
- Change the date any time after setting the reminder date.
Email notifications are not supported on Revenue Workbench reminders. Visit the Revenue Workbench regularly to check reminder dates.
Each subscription charge row contains the following data:
|Account||A link to the billing customer account associated with the subscription charge. See Customer Accounts for more information.|
|Subscription Charge||A link to the charge associated with the subscription charge. See Subscription for more information.
Click view revenue to view the charge revenue summary associated with the subscription charge. See Charge Revenue Summary for more information.
|Recognition Rule||A link to the rule associated with the subscription charge. See Rule Components and Configuration Options for more information.|
|Recognized Revenue||Revenue in accounting periods that are closed.|
|Unrecognized Revenue||Distributed: Revenue distributed into open accounting periods. You can redistribute revenue in open accounting periods.
Undistributed: Revenue not distributed into accounting periods is held in an undistributed, open-ended accounting period. You must distribute these revenue amounts in accounting periods.
See Distribute Revenue for more information.
|Revenue Schedules||Links to the revenue schedule numbers and invoices numbers associated with the subscription charge. See Revenue Schedules or Viewing Invoices for more information.
Click create revenue schedule (for subscription charges using the custom revenue rule). You must create the revenue schedule before you set reminders or distribute revenue. See Manually Create Revenue Schedules for more information.
|Reminder Date||The date on which to perform the action.
You can also add notes when setting and changing the date.
You cannot set a reminder if a revenue schedules is not created.
|Notes||Additional information about the action to perform on the date set in your reminder. Click edit to add or update the note.|
Revenue Schedules not Created
Navigate to Finance > Revenue Workbench > Revenue Schedules not Created.
This page displays all revenue schedules that are not created. It allows you to easily identify which billing documents (for example, invoices) have failed to created revenue schedules. For more information about the creation of revenue schedules, see How Revenue Schedules are Created.
Zuora recommends you to always handle all uncreated revenue schedules before closing the accounting period.
You can click redeliver to regenerate all revenue schedules listed on this page.
Note that when a large volume of billing documents are processed to create revenue schedules, it is likely that some items are temporarily displayed in this tab. They will be moved to the Revenue Distribution tab once the corresponding revenue schedules are generated.
Each row contains the following data:
|Customer Account||A link to the billing customer account associated with the subscription charge. See Customer Accounts for more information.|
A link to the billing document associated with the revenue schedule. The billing document type can be one of the following types:
|Transaction Amount||The transaction amount displayed in the billing document.|
|Transaction Date||The date on which the transaction takes place.|
|Transaction Created On||The date and time of the transaction that is created in Zuora.|