Zuora's Gateway Reconciliation feature (also known as batch Gateway Reconciliation) allows Zuora to submit a batch job on a daily basis to retrieve gateway reconciliation reports. You can then view and download these reports that will aid in the transaction reconciliation efforts between Zuora and the gateway.
In addition to the batch Gateway Reconciliation feature, Zuora also provides Real-Time Reconciliation by integrating with the Webhook service provided by the applicable gateways. It gives you a more time-efficient option for reconciling transactions. With Real-Time Reconciliation enabled, the payment gateway can submit notifications to Zuora for various event types on gateway objects, and the corresponding records can be automatically updated in real-time.
Supported payment gateways
Currently, the Real-Time Reconciliation feature is supported by the following gateway integrations. Real-Time Reconciliation supports all payment methods of these gateway integrations:
- Stripe v2
Enable and configure Real-Time Reconciliation
See Configure Real-Time Reconciliation for more information.
Supported events with Real-Time Reconciliation enabled
For information about the supported events and the corresponding actions from Zuora for different gateway integrations, see the following articles:
The events stored in Zuora can be queryable from the PaymentGatewayReconciliationEventLog object in Data Query.
Configure notifications for Real-Time Reconciliation events
To receive notifications for Real-Time Reconciliation events such as Payment Method Closed, create custom notifications by following the instructions in Manage custom events and custom scheduled events. By default, the Real-Time Reconciliation service does not send notifications for events.
- For Stripe v2, the Real-Time Reconciliation feature is compatible with the multi-entity feature, only if each entity has its own unique merchant account ID to authenticate through the OAuth 2.0 authentication. If an account ID is configured for multiple tenants with Real-Time Reconciliation enabled, only one tenant can receive the Real-Time Reconciliation events.
- For GoCardless, the Real-Time Reconciliation feature is not compatible with the multi-entity feature. For tenants with the multi-entity feature enabled, you can leverage Gateway Reconciliation batch jobs for GoCardless for transaction reconciliation. For more information about GR batch jobs for GoCardless, see the following articles:
Troubleshoot issues that Real-Time Reconciliation events are not handled correctly
If you find that the Real-Time Reconciliation events are not handled correctly, perform the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Ensure that you have configured Real-Time Reconciliation properly according to the prerequisites and instructions in Configure Real-Time Reconciliation.
- Ensure that the Zuora user used for reconciling transactions is in Active status. To check the status of a user, click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Administration > Manage Users.
- Use the batch Gateway Reconciliation feature to reconcile the failed transactions:
- Enable batch Gateway Reconciliation by following the instructions in Configure Gateway Reconciliation.
- Use the Payment Gateway Reconciliation REST API operations to reconcile payments and refunds, or wait for Zuora to retrieve the appropriate gateway reconciliation report for processing in a job, usually on a daily basis.
- After the failed transactions are reconciled, you can disable batch Gateway Reconciliation and switch back to Real-Time Reconciliation.