Based on your business needs, the following configuration might be required for MJE:
Enable required validations by configuring the predefined MJE profiles.
Upload SOB ID and currency code so that this information can be automatically populated in the MJE upload template.
Create MJE approval rules so that approval is required to approve the MJE.
Perform required interface mappings for the MJE to transfer required details back to the general ledger.
Choose the posting method for the MJE. MJE can be posted either at the summary level or at the detail level.
Go through the sections below to complete required MJE setups as necessary.
Define MJE related lookups
Some lookups are the key lookups related to MJE. You must define these lookups with appropriate lookup codes and values based on your business needs.
The following lookups determine the selectable options when you configure some MJE related profiles. You must first define the lookup codes and values before you configure the related profile.
Defines the currency to be used in the MJE approval for the Hash Total amount. The defined lookup values will be listed for your selection when you configure the APPRV_RULE_CURR profile.
Defines whether to bypass the exchange rate validation or how to validate the exchange rate. The defined lookup values will be listed for your selection when you configure the EX_RATE_VALIDATION profile.
- If your upstream system is Oracle EBS, the exchange rates can be validated against the rates in Oracle EBS.
- If your upstream system is not Oracle EBS, the exchange rates can be validated against the exchange rates in the Zuora Revenue standard table, RPRO_EX_RATES. However, it requires the exchange rates to be populated into the RPRO_EX_RATES table with the minimum data points including RATE_TYPE, FROM_CURRENCY, TO_CURRENCY, START_DATE, END_DATE, and EX_RATE during Zuora Revenue implementation process.
The following lookups determine the selectable options when you perform the MJE related UI operations:
Defines the activity type codes that are to be used in the journal entry.
Defines the various CR activity types to be used in the MJE, such as revenue activity or deferral activity.
Defines the various DR activity types to be used in MJE.
Defines the various types of exchange rates to be used in the MJE, such as daily exchange rate or corporate exchange rate.
Defines the various reason codes to be used in the MJE.
Defines the various category codes to be used in the MJE.
Complete the following steps to define a lookup in the UI:
Navigate to Setups > Application.
Click to open the side menu and click Lookup.
Search and locate the target lookup on the page.
Hover the mouse over the target line and click the Edit Lookup Definitions icon .
In the Edit Lookup Definition window, click to add a line and specify the definition.
Create as many lines as needed and then click . The definitions are saved. You can close the window.
Configure MJE profiles
Use the predefined profiles to configure the MJE functionality at the system level in Zuora Revenue. The following profiles are specific for MJE:
This profile enables the MJE functionality. When this profile is toggled to Yes, you can load and transact the MJE in Zuora Revenue.
This profile enables validation for the ERP set of books during MJE upload.
This profile enables validation for account segments during MJE upload.
This profile enables validation for exchange rates during MJE upload. The listed options are defined by the JE_EX_RATE_TYPE lookup.
This profile specifies the currency to be used for the Hash Total amount based on which the MJE approval rule is applied. The listed options are defined by the APPROVAL_RULE_CURRENCY_MJE lookup.
This profile enables posting of the MJE to the general ledger.
This profile determines whether MJE posting can be performed at the summary level.
Complete the following steps to configure the MJE related profile:
Navigate to Setups > Application.
Click to open the side menu and click Profiles.
Search and locate the target profile on the page.
Hover your mouse over the target line and click .
In the Edit Profile window, update the system level value or the lookup value based on your needs
Click and close the window.
Create MJE approval rules
As part of the policy configuration in Zuora Revenue, you must create MJE approval rules. After that, when MJE lines are validated and then submitted for approvals, these MJE approvals are required to authorize the MJE transactions and to create necessary accounting schedules. For more information, see Create approval rules.
Set up accounting segments
The accounting segments that are displayed in the JE standard or waterfall upload template are determined by the accounting segments enabled in the accounting setups.
Complete the following steps to change the accounting segments that are displayed in the JE upload templates:
Navigate to Setups > Application.
Click to open the side menu and click the Accounting Setup.
On the Account Setup page, toggle the Display switch to Yes for the current segment to be displayed in the JE upload template.
Upload SOB information
The SOB name, SOB ID, and currency code information is defined in the upstream system. If you upload this type of information to Zuora Revenue, some fields can be automatically populated for MJE upload based on the uploaded information.
Complete the following steps to upload the SOB information to Zuora Revenue:
- Navigate to Setups > Application > Profiles.
- Locate and edit the CUSTOM_CODE_ALLOWED profile to set the system level value to Yes.
- Navigate to Setups > Application > Pre/Post Processor.
- Enable the MJE SOB Upload procedure.
- Navigate to File Upload > Custom.
- To add a template, click the New Template icon .
- In the New Custom Upload Template window, enter JE SOB Upload in the Name field and select CSV for the File Type field.
- Click . The JE SOB Upload template is created.
- Click the Field Mapping tab to add the following fields to the template. The SET_OF_BOOKS_ID, NAME, and CURRENCY_CODE are required fields. Other fields are optional.
Input value label Input value type SET_OF_BOOKS_ID Number NAME Character CURRENCY_CODE Character SHORT_NAME Character CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS_ID Character DAILY_TRANSLATION_RATE_TYPE Character ACTION Character
- Click to freeze the template, and then click to download the template.
- In the downloaded file, fill in the data according to the definitions in the upstream system.
- Hover the mouse over the JE SOB Upload template and then click to upload the file.
- In the File Upload window, click Choose File to select the local file and then click Upload.
After the file is uploaded, the SOB ID and Currency Code fields can be automatically populated based on the SOB name when you are creating an MJE template. For more information, see MJE upload.
You can update the SOB information in a future upload. To update the existing data, set the ACTION value to NULL in the future upload. To delete the existing data, set the ACTION value to DELETE.