After MJE is successfully uploaded to Zuora Revenue, you can approve the MJE for revenue release or you can reject the MJE for a specific period. To approve or reject the MJE, you can use the Approvals page or the Manual JE page.
The benefit of using the Approvals page is that you can approve multiple MJEs all at once. The benefit of using the Manual JE page is that you view the JE details before you make the decision.
The user who creates the MJE cannot be the approver.
Use the Approvals page
When the status of a JE line is Approval Pending, as an approver, complete the following steps to approve or reject the MJE from a central place:
Log into Zuora Revenue as the approver or override approver.
Navigate to Workbench > Approvals.
Click MJE Approval. By default, the pending approvals for the current user are all displayed.
(Optional): To filter out the displayed approvals, use the search box.
To approve a specific JE, hover the mouse over the JE line and click the Approve icon .
To reject a specific JE, hover the mouse over the JE line and then click the Reject icon .
To approve all pending MJE approvals, click Approve All.
A message will be displayed indicating whether the operation is successful.
An override approver can approve or reject the approvals of all other users.
Use the Manual JE page
When you want to review, approve, or reject a specific JE, complete the following steps on the Manual JE page:
- Navigate to File Upload > Manual JE.
- In the Manual JE Entries section, locate the target JE line whose status is Approval Pending.
- Hover the mouse over the target line and click the JE Details icon .
- (Optional): Review the JE details in the JE Details tab.
- In the JE Details window, click the Approvals tab.
- In the Approval Details tab, use the Approved/Reject column to approve or reject the JE. Click to approve it or click to reject it.
- Provide the required comments and then confirm your action.