Directly upload SSP
If SSP can be estimated outside Zuora Revenue, you can upload it as a spreadsheet to Zuora Revenue based on your defined SSP templates.
Before your SSP data can be uploaded to Zuora Revenue, an SSP template must be defined. The SSP data is uploaded as an SSP batch that is created based on the SSP template.
Complete the following steps to upload SSP to Zuora Revenue:
- Create an SSP template and download the template.
- Fill in your SSP data in the downloaded file.
- Create an SSP batch based on that template to upload the file.
Create and download SSP template
It is recommended to download the SSP template and prepare the upload file based on the downloaded template for each SSP upload. Any discrepancy of the column headers between the uploaded file and template will make the SSP batch fail.
Complete the following steps and create a template and then download it:
- Navigate to SSP > Upload.
- In the SSP Upload left pane, to add an SSP template, click .
- In the New SSP Template window, complete the following steps and then click .
- Provide a unique name for this template in the Template Name field.
- Specify the start effective date of this template in the Start Date field.
- Select SSP for the SSP Type field.
- Specifies whether the uploaded data is based on amount or on percent for the Value Type field.
- Select appropriate transaction field or fields from the Available Fields list to the Selected Fields list. The selected fields are used for grouping transaction lines.
- Ensure that the Enabled switch is toggled to Yes.
- (Optional): If you select PERCENT for the Value Type field, you can also select the allocation apply method and allocation apply field, and click .
- (Optional): Specify other optional fields and click .
- Template Description: A short description of this template.
- End Date: The end effective date of this template.
- Close the window and click the template name in the left pane.
- To download the SSP template, click the Download Template icon .
Create SSP batch to upload SSP data
After the SSP data is filled in the downloaded SSP template file, you can create an SSP batch to upload the data to Zuora Revenue.
- Navigate to SSP > Upload.
- In the SSP Upload left pane, select the template based on which you want to upload data and click the Create Batch icon .
- In the New SSP Batch window, specify the following required fields and click .
- Batch Name: A unique name of this batch.
- Start Date: The start effective date of the SSP data.
- End Date: The end effective date of the SSP data.
- Term: If you select AMOUNT for the Value Type field in the SSP template, specify the term for the SSP amount. For example, enter 1 for one month, and enter 12 for one year.
- Close the New SSP Batch window. The SSP batch is created and listed on the right.
- To upload your SSP data file, click the Upload icon .
- In the New SSP Upload window, click Choose File to select the file and then click Upload.
Starting from version 37.004.02.00, to remediate CSV injection software attack, ensure that no cells in the uploaded file begin with any of the following characters:
- Equal sign (=)
- Plus (+)
- At (@)
During file upload, use the ENABLE_CSV_DATA_SANITIZATION profile to specify how to handle the file that has these special characters as a starting character in any cell. Valid values for this profile include the following:
- BLOCK: The file will be blocked if any cell begins with the above special characters.
- SANITIZE: The above special characters will be removed if any cell begins with them. Then, the file can be processed by the system.
- RAW: The file can flow into the system as it is even if there is a potential security risk.
- Close the New SSP Upload window.
- Click the Refresh icon until the Batch Status column value changes from NEW to SSP UPLOADED.
- (Superuser only) To make the SSP data valid, click the Approve icon and provide your comment to approve the SSP data.
After the SSP data is approved by a superuser, it will be applied to incoming transactions to determine the SSP value. You can review the SSP stratification by clicking the View Stratification icon.
What to do next
Optionally, you can assign the defined SSP template to an existing RC grouping template. So that the SSP rules can be applied to the related revenue contracts. To do it, edit the RC grouping template and select this SSP template in the SSP Hierarchy tab. For more information, see Create RC Grouping Template.
The following example shows an SSP template that will be used to upload the SSP value as percent.
The following spreadsheet is created based on the above SSP template and uploaded to Zuora Revenue.