This feature is in the Early Adopters phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing as generally available. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support or contact your Account Executive, and provide the ID of the Salesforce org on which you want to enable CPQ X.
The overall goal of CPQ X is to optimize the efficiency of the quoting work stream within your sales process while eliminating quoting errors that might cause remediation overhead on the Zuora Billing side.
To achieve this goal, CPQ X provides a new single-page application named Quote Studio, built on Salesforce Lightning web components, that enhances the entire subscription sales experience. This modern UI seamlessly integrates with our existing Zuora Quotes package, which allows you to retain any plugins, custom pages, or flows while taking advantage of a greatly improved experience to make adjustments to quote details, subscription terms and conditions, and product updates. In addition to the single-page quoting experience, sales representatives can now access the live preview order metrics functionality that dynamically updates metrics upon any change made to in-flight quotes.
After you have installed both Zuora Quotes and CPQ X packages, and completed the necessary configuration, you can access Quote Studio in a number of ways. The articles in this section are focused on the operations in the UI. However, CPQ X API offers more ways to enhance your organization’s quoting experience with even better performance and scalability. If you want to use CPQ X API, see CPQ X API for details.
The following table lists the key capabilities of CPQ X compared with Zuora CPQ version 9.
|Zuora CPQ version 9||Zuora CPQ X|
|Overall quoting experience||Several pages are required in the out-of-the-box quote flow. It enables customers to add, remove, or swap their own pages, or extend existing components with plugins.||The Quote Studio page replaces the legacy pricing and quote configuration pages, and can be dynamically embedded into different quoting flows using Quote Wizard.|
|Quote metrics preview||Quote metrics can be viewed only when the quote has been created.||Support for live previewing quote metrics of in-flight quotes.|
|Ramp deal creation||Creating complex ramp deals requires a substantial amount of time and experience to configure appropriately in the multi-page quote flow. Mid-Interval updates also cause usability challenges.||Complex ramp deal creation is concise, intuitive, and flexible. You can easily make changes at any point along the timeline of the subscription, whether aligned to interval starts or not.|
|Future dated actions||Similar to ramp deals, creating updates at a future date (not within a ramp structure) can cause usability challenges in the legacy UI.||By using intuitive action icons and modals, creating updates at a future date in a subscription (future-dated actions) becomes easy.|
|Products and rate plans searching or filtering||Can be achieved through in-page search text matching.||Can be achieved either through search text matching or through the administrator-configured product filters and quick filters.|
To use the CPQ X UI, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be on or upgrade to Zuora Quotes 9.41 or a later version.
- Orders or Orders Harmonization must be enabled for your Zuora tenant.
- The Store Existing Products setting in Advanced Quoting Configuration Settings must be enabled.
- The Default Trigger Dates setting in Quote Configuration Settings must be enabled.
- CPQ X calls the Preview Order API every time a change is made to the quote, which triggers a tax engine call if the products are set up to be taxed. It can increase tax engine fees if you are using any tax engine other than Zuora Tax because most tax providers charge by the number of API calls.
- Support for Multi-entity: the one Zuora entity to one Salesforce organization relationship does not need extra configuration. However, the multiple Zuora entities to one Salesforce organization relationship requires that you enable the Billing Entities tab, add all entities you want to connect to this org, and select a default entity so that product catalogs can be appropriately filtered. See Connect multiple Billing entities to one Salesforce org for more information.
- Rules defined through the rules engine are not inherently supported in CPQ X for any scenario where multiple segments exist on a charge, such as ramp deals and future dated actions. See Rules engine limitations for the limitations of the rules engine, and see Enable rules engine for CPQ X for how to use rules in CPQ X.
- Behavioral difference between CPQ 9 and CPQ X for amendment and renewal quotes:
- CPQ X loads subscription rate plan charge tiers from the original subscription regardless of the Get Tiers From Zuora setting in Quote Configuration Settings.
- CPQ 9 loads subscription rate plan charge tiers from the original subscription when the Get Tiers From Zuora setting is enabled, and loads tiers data from the Zuora Product Catalog when this setting is disabled.
Get started with CPQ X
Refer to the following documentation to learn how to install, configure, and use CPQ X through UI.