The overall goal of CPQ X is to optimize the efficiency of the quoting work stream within your sales process while eliminating quoting errors that might cause remediation overhead on the Zuora Billing side.
To achieve this goal, CPQ X provides a new single-page application named Quote Studio, built on Salesforce Lightning web components, that enhances the entire subscription sales experience. This modern UI seamlessly integrates with our existing Zuora Quotes package, which allows you to retain any plugins, custom pages, or flows while taking advantage of a greatly improved experience to make adjustments to quote details, subscription terms and conditions, and product updates. In addition to the single-page quoting experience, sales representatives can now access the live preview order metrics functionality that dynamically updates metrics upon any change made to in-flight quotes.
After you have installed the Zuora Quotes version 10 package, enabled CPQ X, and completed the necessary configuration, you can access Quote Studio in a number of ways. The articles in this section are focused on the operations in the UI. However, CPQ X API offers more ways to enhance your organization’s quoting experience with even better performance and scalability. If you want to use CPQ X API, see CPQ X API for details.
The following table lists the key capabilities of CPQ X compared with Zuora Quotes without CPQ X enabled.
|Zuora Quotes without CPQ X||Zuora CPQ X|
|Overall quoting experience||Several pages are required in the out-of-the-box quote flow. It enables customers to add, remove, or swap their own pages, or extend existing components with plugins.||The Quote Studio page can be dynamically and flexibly combined with guided selling flows using Quote Wizard to best fit your needs.|
|Quote metrics preview||Quote metrics can be viewed only when the quote has been created.||Support both live and on-demand preview of in-flight quote metrics.|
|Ramp deal creation||Creating complex ramp deals requires a substantial amount of time and experience to configure appropriately in the multi-page quote flow. Mid-Interval updates also cause usability challenges.||Complex ramp deal creation is concise, intuitive, and flexible. You can easily make changes at any point along the timeline of the subscription, whether aligned to interval starts or not.|
|Future dated actions||Similar to ramp deals, creating updates at a future date (not within a ramp structure) can cause usability challenges in the legacy UI.||By using intuitive action icons and modals, creating updates at a future date in a subscription (future-dated actions) becomes easy.|
|Products and rate plans searching or filtering||Can be achieved through in-page search text matching.||Can be achieved either through search text matching or through the administrator-configured product filters and quick filters.|
To use the CPQ X UI, you must meet the following requirements:
- Support for Multi-entity: the one Zuora entity to one Salesforce organization relationship does not need extra configuration. However, the multiple Zuora entities to one Salesforce organization relationship requires that you enable the Billing Entities tab, add all entities you want to connect to this org, and select a default entity so that product catalogs can be appropriately filtered. See Connect multiple Billing entities to one Salesforce org for more information.
- Rules defined through the rules engine are not inherently supported in CPQ X for any scenario where multiple segments exist on a charge, such as ramp deals and future dated actions. See Rules engine limitations for the limitations of the rules engine, and see Rules engine for Quote Studio for how to enable rules in CPQ X.
- Behavioral difference between Zuora Quotes and CPQ X for amendment and renewal quotes:
- CPQ X loads subscription rate plan charge tiers from the original subscription regardless of the Get Tiers From Zuora setting in Quote Configuration Settings.
- Zuora Quotes loads subscription rate plan charge tiers from the original subscription when the Get Tiers From Zuora setting is enabled, and loads tiers data from the Zuora Product Catalog when this setting is disabled.
- Features are not supported in CPQ X.
- By default, CPQ X calls the Preview an order API every time a change is made to the quote, which triggers a tax engine call if the products are set up to be taxed. It can increase tax engine fees if you are using any tax engine other than Zuora Tax because most tax providers charge by the number of API calls. To minimize the number of API calls, you can enable the on-demand metrics preview feature. See Enable Preview On Demand for more information.
Get started with CPQ X
Refer to the following documentation to learn how to install, configure, and use CPQ X through UI.