In order to create a quote, you must have the required Zuora and Salesforce permissions as described in User Permissions.
You can create a quote from the Opportunity Detail page, from the Account Detail page, or from the Quotes tab.
The flow of quote creation can differ depending on the subscription type you are creating.
Once the quote has been created, you can modify it, delete it, or send it to Zuora to create a subscription.
Select Entity for Quote
When the Enable Multi-Entity setting is enabled in your org, you must provide a billing entity when creating quotes. The first step of the Quote Wizard determines the entity for the quote as below:
- If there is an entity ID in the URL provided by your custom code, the entity is used.
- If there's only one entity accessible to you, the entity is used.
- If you registered a custom Select Entity plugin, the plugin selects the entity.
- If there are more than one entities available and no custom Select Entity plugin, you must select a billing entity for the new quote on the Select Entity page.
Only the billing accounts, the subscriptions, and the products in the selected entity are used in the rest of the quoting flow.
You must not change the entity after the quote is created as it could invalidate products, the billing account, and the subscription.
Select Billing Account
After you select an account, the billing accounts for the account are displayed for selection on the Select Billing Account page. Based on the Get Billing Accounts from 360 Quote Configuration Setting in the Zuora Config tab, the following limits apply to the number of billing accounts listed for one account.
- If the setting is selected, up to 5000 billing accounts can be listed.
- If the setting is not selected, up to 2000 billing accounts can be listed.
Subscription Terms and Conditions
After selecting a billing account in the quoting process, review the terms and conditions of the subscription and set them in the Subscription Terms and Conditions section.
- Start Date: Specify the date on which this subscription, or contract, is effective. This date becomes the Contract Effective Date of this subscription in Zuora.
- Subscription Term Type:
- Select Termed if the subscription has a set term until which it expires.
- Select Evergreen if the subscription does not expire.
- Initial Term and Renewal Term: Specify a number of months for the initial term and the renewal term if the Term Type is set to Termed.
- Auto Renew: Select to have the subscription automatically renew when the initial term for a subscription is over.
- Generate Invoice: Select if you want to automatically generate an invoice when this quote is sent to Zuora. This setting overrides the global Generate Invoice setting under Quote Configuration Settings.
If the Start Date is set to a future date, the invoice will not be generated.
To generate an invoice for a future-dated quote, set the quote's Invoice Target Date (zqu__InvoiceTargetDate__c) to the same date as in Start Date.
- Invoice Processing Option: Specify whether the subscription should be invoiced separately.
- Select Subscription if you want all charges generated from this subscription to be collected into a dedicated invoice.
- Select Account if you want all subscriptions for the customer account to be invoiced together and the total charges to be aggregated into a single invoice.
- Process Payment: Select if you want to automatically apply a payment when this quote is submitted to Zuora. This setting overrides the global Process Payments setting under Quote Configuration Settings. With this setting enabled, in order to successfully process a payment:
- The Generate Invoice setting is turned on for this quote.
- The Start Date is set to today's date or earlier. To generate an invoice and process payment for a future-dated quote, set the quote's Invoice Target Date (zqu__InvoiceTargetDate__c) to the same date as in Start Date.
- One of the below conditions must satisfy:
- An electronic payment method is set as the default payment method for the account in Zuora.
- The quote has a valid electronic payment id created from the Hosted Payment Method page.
- Apply Credit: Select if you want to automatically apply credit memos or unapplied payments, or both to an invoice. This field is available only if you have Orders enabled.
- Credit Balance Application Order: Select the priority order to apply credit memos, unapplied payments, or both to an invoice. This setting is available only if you have Orders enabled, and you can configure this setting if you have selected the Apply Credit checkbox. Possible options include:
- Credit Memo then Unapplied Payment - First apply the credit memo, then apply the unapplied payment when the credit memo amount is 0.
- Unapplied Payment then Credit Memo - First apply the unapplied payment, then apply the credit memo when the unapplied payment amount is 0.
- Only apply Credit Memo - Always apply the credit memo amount to invoices.
- Only apply Unapplied payment - Always apply the unapplied payment amount to invoices.
- Special Terms and Notes: Enter any additional notes that is not specified by the above settings.
Create Multiple Quotes for an Opportunity
You can create multiple quotes for one opportunity and thus create multiple subscriptions in Zuora. You need to provide a unique Subscription Number for each quote by setting the Subscription Name option.
To set the Subscription Name option to support multiple quotes for one opportunity:
- Click the Zuora Config tab.
- Click Default Value Settings.
- Click Edit Settings.
- In the Subscription Default Settings section, click the arrow for Subscription Name and select Auto-Number.
- Click Save.
Starting in the V. 7.3 of Zuora Quotes, you can assign a quote to be the primary quote on an opportunity. When the TCV Rollup Method is set to use the primary quote, the primary quote is used to calculate the TCV of the opportunity.
There is an option to enforce a single primary quote per opportunity with the Enforce Single Primary Quote setting in Zuora Config Quote Configuration Settings.
To assign a quote to be the primary quote:
- Select the Primary field in the Quote Information section.
Create an Amendment Quote
To manage an existing subscription, you can create a quote to create one or more types of amendments in Zuora. The following types of Zuora amendments can be managed from Zuora Quotes:
- New Product: Add new products to the subscription and edit their prices and discounts.
- Update a Product: Edit prices, discounts, and units for existing products in the subscription.
- Remove a Product: Remove products from the subscription.
- Terms and Conditions: Change Subscription Term Type, Initial Term, Renewal Term, Subscription Term Start Date, Subscription Term End Date, and Auto Renew.
When sent to Zuora, the Terms and Conditions changes are applied before any add/update/remove product amendments.
- Renewal: Renew the subscription.
Trigger Dates and Subscription Status in Zuora
This section only applies to the Salesforce orgs where the Service Activation Date and the Customer Acceptance Date fields were added to the Create Amendment Quote page layout. See Add Billing Trigger Dates to Amendment and Renewal Layouts for adding trigger dates to a page layout.
Your Zuora tenant can be configured to have one, two, or three required trigger dates. See Subscription and Amendment Dates to learn about the trigger dates and how you set them as required.
- Send a Quote to Zuora as Active
When you specify the required trigger dates in a new amendment quote, the amendment subscription becomes Active when the new quote is sent to Zuora from Salesforce.
If you want to create and activate an amendment in Zuora even when not all the required trigger dates are set for a particular quote, enable the Always Set Amendments to 'Active' Status setting in Zuora Config. When this setting is enabled, all blank trigger dates on the quote are auto-filled upon sending to Zuora.
For example, if the Service Activation Date and Customer Acceptance Date of an amendment are left blank, those dates are set to the same date as the Contract Effective Date defined on the quote.
If the Service Activation Date had been populated in this example, then only the Customer Acceptance Date would have been auto-filled with the Service Activation Date.
- Send a Quote to Zuora as Pending
You can send an amendment quote to Zuora in the Pending status by leaving the required trigger dates blank. For example, if you configure Zuora to require all three trigger dates, Contract Effective Date, Service Activation Date, and Customer Acceptance Date, but leave the Service Activation Date and Customer Acceptance Date blank when creating an amendment quote, this amendment subscription will be in the Pending status when sent to Zuora. This scenario assumes that the Always Set Amendments to 'Active' Status setting is disabled.
View the Subscription and Amendment Created with Quotes
To verify the new subscription in Zuora:
- In Zuora, view the account associated with the subscription that you created.
- Select the subscription that you created. Zuora displays the the new subscription and subscription products and charges.
To verify the amendment in Zuora:
- In Zuora, view the account associated with the amendment that you created.
- Select the subscription that you amended. Zuora displays the the new or modified subscription and subscription products and charges.
- Click the amendment in the Version list to view detailed information about the amendment.
You can also click the Amendments tab to view a list of all amendments and search for the amendment in Zuora.
To view the new subscription or amendment quote in Salesforce:
- Go to your Zuora application, and manually sync or schedule a sync session for Accounts and Related Objects. You must sync the subscription from Zuora before it appears in Zuora Quotes.
- Alternatively, sync the Accounts data from the Salesforce Account Detail page using On-demand Sync.