In Zuora Quotes Version 10.10.1 and later, you can create Prepaid subscriptions and Drawdown subscriptions.
You can add a Prepaid and Drawdown Product Rate Plan Charge in Zuora and sync it with CPQ X through Zuora 360 or Zuora 360+. See Prepaid with Drawdown for more information. It is mandatory to enable Orders to use this feature.
- Ensure that you have enabled CPQ X; the version must be greater than or equal to 10.8.
- Ensure Zuora SOAP API version is greater than or equal to 114.0.
- Ensure that you install/upgrade the z360 version to 5.15 or greater.
- Ensure that you have added Prepaid Quantity, Prepaid Validity Period Type, Drawdown Rate, and Prepaid Total Quantity fields to the CPQX_Charge_Display_Fields (Object - zqu_QuoteRatePlanCharge__c) fieldset.
- Ensure that you have added IsPrepaid, Credit Option, Prepaid Operation Type, Prepaid Quantity, Prepaid Total Quantity, Prepaid UOM, and Validity Period Type fields to the PrePaymentRules (Object - zqu_ProductRatePlanCharge__c) fieldset.
- Ensure that you have added drawdown to the PrepaidOperationType__c picklist field on the zqu_QuoteRatePlanCharge__c object. (Make sure to use lowercase only; this is case-sensitive).
Prepaid Drawdown Errors
When Prepaid Drawdown is enabled in a Zuora tenant and prepaid charges with field values below are synced to CPQ, you may encounter the errors below.
The below errors only occur when you upgrade Zuora Quotes from the X version (X represents your current Quotes version) to the 10.8 version or higher. For a fresh new installation of Zuora Quotes, these errors will not appear.
The following table describes the reasons for the errors.
INVALID_OR_NULL_FOR_RESTRICTED_PICKLIST: Validity Period Type: bad value for restricted picklist field: Subscription Term
Occurs when Validity Period Type (picklist field) is set to Subscription Term on Prepaid Product Rate Plan Charge in Zuora.
INVALID_OR_NULL_FOR_RESTRICTED_PICKLIST: Validity Period Type: bad value for restricted picklist field: Semi-Annual
Occurs when Validity Period Type (picklist field) is set to Semi-Annual on Prepaid Product Rate Plan Charge in Zuora.
INVALID_OR_NULL_FOR_RESTRICTED_PICKLIST: Prepaid Operation Type: bad value for restricted picklist field: drawdown
This error will appear if you attempt to create a drawdown charge.
To fix errors, update the following field values in the CPQ quotes package, Object - zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c.
Change the API name of the picklist value from Subscription_Term to Subscription Term.
Take the following steps to change the picklist API name:
Change the API name of the picklist value from Semi_Annual to Semi-Annual.
Change the label of the picklist value from Semi Annual to Semi-Annual.
Add “drawdown” as a new picklist value. (Make sure to use lowercase only; this is case-sensitive)
Take the following steps to add a new picklist value:
See Notes and limitations for more information.