It is increasingly common for companies to have Password Requirements for end-users registering to their sites.
When using the Zephr Identity Store as your site Identity Management, you can set any or all of the following password strength requirements for your site:
- Minimum number of characters
- At least one number
- At least one uppercase character
- At least one special character
An end user registering to your site, or changing their existing password, must meet the password requirements you have set. If the new password does not meet these criteria, an error message displays.
Note: The message displays only when you use an out-of-the-box Zephr registration from. If using a custom component to display your registration and/or login forms, you must add this logic to your custom component to display the message.
The password strength requirements apply to all types of registration where the end user must enter a password.
Note: These settings can only be used with the Zephr CDN.
To configure your password strength requirements, complete the following steps:
- To require one or more numbers in the password, select the Require at least one number checkbox
- To require one or more uppercase character in the password, select the Require at least one uppercase checkbox
- To require one or more special characters in the password, select the Require at least one special character checkbox
- To specify the minimum number of characters in the password, enter the number of characters in the Minimum Number of Characters text box
- Enter the error message that displays if the password entered by the end user does not meet one or more of the specified requirements in the Password Error Message text box
- If you don’t want to configure any other settings, select the Save button. Otherwise, continue to define the configuration, as described in the following topics: