Zephr provides a series of email templates that are sent for key account tasks. Whilst there is a default template for each of these, they can be customised based upon your organisation’s needs. Templates are available for the following emails:
- Admin User Password Reset: When an Admin User chooses to reset their password.
- Admin User Role Assigned: Sent to a User when they are added as an Admin to a Zephr Admin Console.
- Password Reset: For End Users resetting their password to your website, when the Zephr Identity Store is in use.
- Passwordless Authentication: Sent to Users logging into your site via Zephr, when Passwordless Authentication is enabled. This email provides a magic link for Users to log in with.
- User Oversubscription Notification: Sent to the relevant Account Manager when a Corporate Account becomes oversubscribed. Read our Corporate Account guides for more details.
These templates can be accessed within the Zephr Admin Console by navigating to Settings > Emails > Email Templates. Once here, click on the relevant template and you will be redirected to a WYSIWYG editor displaying the current copy for the email.
Below the WYSIWYG editor there is, where relevant, a series of Available Template Variables, acting as short cuts when adding in login or password reset links to your email templates.
These variables can be placed anywhere within your email template and act as a placeholder for Zephr to render the email accordingly. The password reset email template, for example, has the following template variables:
This will be replaced with “https://example.com/blaize/password-reset”, the URL for the password reset form.
This is the URL that the form will redirect to once the User has submitted the password reset.
Make the relevant amendments to your email template and click Save.